Welcome to the official website for Double.LL Magazine
We are incredibly passionate about Chirk and the Ceiriog Valley. We love using local produce, supporting local businesses and enjoy a full and active life engaging in our community and interacting with talented, interesting local people. We noticed there was a discernible gap in the market for a quality, free magazine dedicated entirely to and for the local people of this beautiful area… with a nod of course, to the surrounding areas of Llangollen, Wrexham and Oswestry.
Thus, our exciting journey to bring Double.LL to life began in the spring of 2018 with the inaugural summer edition delivered through the letterboxes of thousands of homes across this beautiful area in May 2018, followed by our autumn issue in November.
Double.LL is a hyper local, high quality, 40 page quarterly publication highlighting the life, businesses, people and personalities in an area famously described by David Lloyd George as ‘a little piece of heaven on Earth’.
Double.LL is a source for local information, and whilst actively promoting local businesses, our primary mission is to be encouraging our readers to be Looking Local, Living Local, Loving Local!
What To Expect
Our magazine is published quarterly, by the seasons of the year, and includes all elements of local life. Below is a list of what you can expect to see throughout each edition of Double.LL
- Personality Profiles – Main features are dedicated to local people and their businesses
- Showcasing Young Talent – Celebrating the achievements and talents of children & young people in the area
- Community Conversation – What’s going on in our community – its clubs and schools, churches, chapels and councils
- Local Chef’s Seasonal Recipe – Each edition offers a glimpse into local kitchens with exclusive recipes
- Step Outside – Nature’s Guide – An insight into our wonderful walks and wildlife from local experts who understand our countryside
- Season’s Best Buys – A round up of the best local products for foodies, fashionistas and home lovers
- Spotlight on Surrounding Areas – Recommendations for when you’re venturing a little further afield
- Your View – Readers’ photographs and opinions to get you talking.
Our website and social media platforms (search @doublellmag) will consistently be added to with further updates on printed stories, regular snippets on local life, shout outs to local businesses and an opportunity for readers to join in with community conversation.
You should also expect us to be actively searching positive news to publish in our next edition. Whether you would like to tell us of a family member, or know of someone under the age of 30 with an exceptional musical, sporting, entrepreneurial or artistic talent who deserves celebrating in our Young Talents page, or if you simply want to share a worthwhile deed or tale do please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your support and hope you enjoy reading the magazine. Please take a look around our website and follow us on our social media platforms for all things Double.LL – we are @doublellmag on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.